Friday, August 29, 2014

FARMERS' MARKET ON LONG ISLAND


 Last weekend I decided on a little "me time." Sometimes I like a little time not to hear any voices telling me they need me to do something. Every time I see the sign that says "Farmers Market this weekend" I feel a twinge of nostalgia for all the farms and farmstands where I used to live on Long Island's North Fork. So I decided to treat myself to a little "me time" and a trip to the outdoor market.




I also treated myself to some cherry preserves. Yum! All the vendors are local farmers. That's good... it means I can get more when I finish this.



Okay now I just feel like I am in Provence, or Paris. I am all in! Bon Appetite.



I just finished reading Julia Child's My Life in France. I love that woman for so many reasons. I love that she loved France and the French people, and I love her Joie de Vivre, and mostly I love her perserverance. I have been trying to put myself and my business out there for the world to see. Sometimes that means getting hit in the face with rejection. Julia never let that keep her down for long. She's such a great inspiration.



I set up a pretty desk in my living room. This fresh bouquet of zinnias is going to add the perfect feminine touch. Armed with my cup of coffee I am going to get right back to work! That's what Julia would have done.

No comments: