Wednesday, July 16, 2014

 Before and After

Good morning dear readers. It feels so good to be back and blogging. It means that, among other things, I am DONE with construction (well at least phase one of construction. Phase two won't be coming until my bank account recovers). Thank you for your patience. I thought I would start by sharing with you an "After."

My bed is actually two antique iron bed frames, which I had welded together by a very talented Texan (I WILL get his name for you!), into one beautiful bed. The look of white wash paint here is authentic patina. The beds were Quartermasters beds from the 1800s, and the paint is original. It is fading just perfectly. I promise more close ups soon.



So THIS is why I have been so busy, and, sadly, away from all of you. What's an "after" picture without at least one "before."



So many good things are about to come... These are some of the fabrics I have in the living room, on pillows and window treatments. I am about to start up The Lily Home and my design biz, FreshDesignGroup, Inc. on a more "full-time" basis. I hope to be bringing you many photos of antique and new linens, my French country and provincial favorites, and as always, my antique grain sacks.

This weekend I will be at the East Hampton Antique Show, and in my booth will be an antique Swedish chaise covered in fabulous linen. You can cut and paste the link to this NY Times article into your browser for more info.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/15/garden/mulford-farm-prepares-for-the-east-hampton-antiques-show.html?_r=0

Have a beautiful weekend.
                  --Sharon

No comments: