Sunday, April 13, 2014


WE DID IT!
AND YOU ARE INVITED...


Lily and I have an important announcement to finally make... We are the proud new owners of our very own new cottage home! So over the next few months, we are going to show you lots of transformation, from really, really "before" to lot of great (we hope) "afters." To be honest, I have no idea if any of you have ever read my blog more than once, but if you have noticed my absence, a lot has been going on. I have a new day job, the cast is off my hand (a minor riding injury, and no worries, Topper the thoroughbred is just fine), and we are surrounded by a sea of boxes and sheetrock dust.

In the meantime, I thought I would share with you some thoughts for our new home. 

I was thinking about some Swedish pieces with a nice worn patina. Kind of like the old white wash, but a little more gray.


I might add a few accents of silver. My aim is to keep it all monochromatic. Not quite white, but a little grayed out. Silver and gray work beautifully together. And I love mixing the old, worn patina with just a small touch of bling. 



One of my favorite things about my new home is the light. There is so much sunlight and so many windows (so many windows... most of which need replacing.) 


What do you think of this? Isn't it fun? I could just see it as a throw on the old French settee I scored last year for pennies. 

Right now that antique French loveseat is covered with horse hair and burlap (kind of itchy), but I am thinking of slipcovering it in antique French linen, or maybe some of those great antique French sheets.
Beautiful antique French sheet.
These also make gorgeous window treatments.


Of course, there will be plenty of sparkle... what with three girls living here and all (that's counting Lily, of course!). 

I can't wait to start showing you all the before and afters. My movers tell me I have "a lot of stuff" but we all know it's not "stuff." It's all the treasures my kids have ever made me,  along with several dozen pairs of boots,  and  so many great French and Swedish antiques... along with just a little bit of bling. Can't wait to show you....

No comments: