Monday, October 21, 2013

ANTIQUE ENTRYWAYS
 

Recently, we took a trip to a beautiful seaside village. This coastal town is very historic, and when we took a little walking tour, I was just loving how all the home owners took such pride in their antique entryways.




They all seemed so historically accurate. I love the simplicity. The beauty of the antique architecture really stands out. Of course, we all know I'm a sucker for historical architecture. 


I have a secret I'll be sharing with all of you soon... I'm very excited. And I'm loving this black front door. It's having a big influence on me. I might just go in that direction... you'll see... soon :)


Look at all the black and red. The combination can be bold like this façade....

 

Or more subdued, like the chippy old paint on this historic beauty.

 

I couldn't help but notice all the great textures, and in such variety. The smooth, hardness of the stone, the great patina on the worn paints, and lots of iron accents. The roughness of the twig wreath really stands out on the first door, doesn't it?

This one reminds me of New Orleans. The fantastic wrought iron wraps around such a romantic entry way. But this is far from New Orleans. Does anyone know where these historic homes are located? If you can tell me in a comment, I just might have a surprise gift  waiting for you! I'm itching to give away a creation of mine.


So here's a hint... Here's a window of a wonderful restaurant in the town. I hope you liked your visit to your mystery historic seaside village. And I can't wait to share more secrets with you soon.
 
Remember if you know the answer, send me a comment, and I'll share a creation with you!

5 comments:

Kate said...

The River House at 53 Bow Street, Portsmouth NH. Beautiful pictures!

sharon staudigel said...

That's RIGHT Kate!!! How did you know? Kate has won an incredible antique European Duvet cover. I have a very rare collection of these antique striped duvets, which will keep you warm and cozy on the sofa or at the foot of the bed. Pictures to follow very soon....

sharon staudigel said...

Kate just send me your email address so we can connect. I can't wait to "meet" you. Sharon

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay Alpert said...

Thank You for the photo's of NY at Holiday time. I grew up in NY and miss the store windows.
I live in Sunny CA and we just don't have the winter feelings.